You can’t make this stuff up, but I am not sure how valid this rumor is given that it seems to have disappeared from Techcrunch. It was reported that Microsoft wanted to buy into Nook from Barnes and Noble for $1B.
The interesting thing is after discussing the problems B&N had in getting apps onto their devices to the point that they punted to Google Play.
This has a lot of interesting aspects to consider.
Does Microsoft expect the Nook to migrate to Windows8?
Does the Nook have enough power to manage Window8 and what is the implication for existing applications?
Or does Microsoft see a bigger app store play that is universal?
More should be revealed in the next few weeks if the rumor is confirmed until then it brings home the problem of penetrating the app market.
- The Smartphone OS Market – Mar 26, 2009
- Regulatory 2.0 to be Streamed on Friday February 4, sign up now – Jan 30, 2011
- Google vs. Vodafone”>Web envy Google vs. Vodafone – Feb 17, 2010
- My Instincts about the Korean market opening up for iPhone – Sep 24, 2009
- Apple Google war may make ATT the Victim.”>The Apple Google war may make ATT the Victim. – Aug 03, 2009
- Scenario Planning; If You Build It Will They Come? – Jul 06, 2009
- Is Clearwire on the Market – Sep 30, 2010
- Clearwire Saved by LTE? Its not the Technology its the Spectrum. – Aug 09, 2010
- Just in Time For Mobile World Congress – Feb 09, 2010
- Its a MSlate vs iTablet – Jan 11, 2010
Copyright 4G Wireless Evolution
Copyright 4G: For Generations to Come
Google Smoogle, MSFT offers B&N $1B for Nook by claude